Can you freeze any type of food?

Technicall, yes. However, this are a variety of foods for which freezing is very heartily not recommended like fruits, canned goods (they might explode, especially soda), delicate vegetables, potatoes, spices, and others. please see the link for a better list.

I hope this helped!

You can freeze almost any type of food. Exceptions to this are canned foods or eggs that are still in their shells. If you take the food out of cans, you can freeze that, but there is a danger of explosion when the food is still inside. There are other foods that are not recommended for freezing, but you still can freeze them. Examples of these “are mayonnaise, cream sauce and lettuce, and raw meat and poultry maintain their quality longer than their cooked counterparts because moisture is lost during cooking.”

If you are thinking about freezing fresh items, many fruits are able to be frozen.  While they will not come out after thawing looking just like they did when they were fresh, they are great for smoothies, pies or just as a topping for yogurt.  I like to freeze bananas if I cannot eat them before they turn too brown for my liking.  You can peel them and slice them for use in smoothies or freeze them whole, thaw and use for banana bread later.

For vegetables, many need to be blanched to deactivate enzymes before freezing.  I like freezing green beans, you can blanch them for a few minutes in boiling water, and then cool them by rinsing and adding ice cubes.  Freeze the green beans and they will be just like the frozen green beans you can buy at the store.

Usually foods with a lot of moisture aren’t recommended for freezing, like lettuce, cilantro, other vegetables and fruits.  The moisture gets wicked away and can damage the quality of taste once thawed.