Can you eat raw chicken if its is fresh?

I feel I should preface this with the fact that it would be a terrible idea to start eating raw meat (especially chicken) if you’ve never done so before…

That said, apparently the answer is yes.  Some cultures practice eating raw chicken (not just fish) regularly.  The link below is a one man’s personal blog on how to live the “primal life” in our modern society.  It details the dos, don’ts, and basic information regarding eating raw meat for health.

Good question, I had no idea so many people ate raw chicken.  

The safest answer would be no.  More likely than not, you will get sick.  There’s a very good chance of getting salmonella, cramping, diarrhea, or nausea if you do eat raw meat.  Because it is uncooked, it is just that much easier for bacteria to multiply and consequently make you ill. 

After doing an internet search, it seems that there are people that do eat raw meat! It’s about getting it from a reputable source and being smart about it. There are a plethora of stories of people eating raw chicken by accident and coming out fine. However, this doesn’t mean that it’s the right thing for you. Other websites talk about how you can get very sick from a single drop of raw chicken juice! Many cultures eat raw meats, such as sushi and steak tartare. I’m thinking it’s all about preparation and handling. I’ve attached a link where someone ate raw chicken at a restaurant in Tokyo. It was a common food for the area. 

No – raw chicken contains countless strains of bacteria, the most common of which is campylobacter which causes nausea, diarrhea, fever, and cramping.  It can also contain salmonella, and possibly e. coli which are also dangerous.  Some people try to eat it like sushi, but in the end it is more likely that you will get sick than not.

It’s possible, but not suggested.  The likelihood that the meat contains harmful bacteria or substances is greatly increased if the food is not cooked.  That being said, cultures do eat raw chicken.  Overall, I would air more on the side of caution and avoid it.

Watch this video and tell me what you think after watching it.