Can you eat pumpkin raw?

3

Answers

Yes. There are plenty of recipes out there for raw pumpkin products including raw pumpkin pie.

I’m pretty sure you can without any ill effects, but the texture and taste will be totally different. Pumpkin is pretty tough until cooked.

It is edible and some people think it is very tasty. You may experience an upset stomach from the raw flesh or seeds, but nothing too serious. The rich flavor of the pumpkin is brought out much more when it is toasted or baked. But I guess you might as well try it and see what you think. If you don’t like it, you can always make the rest into an awesome pie. By the way there are a lot of health benefits from eating fruits and vegetables raw whereas those nutrients are often lost in the cooking process.