The fin-tip spines on a sculpin are poisonous. While it’s unlikely the poison will do more than cause an uncomfortable burning sensation, in some rare cases the poison can require medical attention. Pouring hot water over the wound will help neutralize the poison, but you should avoid handling a sculpin. Use pliers instead of your hands to release it from a hook.
Sculpins have spines, and they do contain a poison, however it usually leads to redness and swelling. If you are stung multiple times, then you reaction may become more serious than that, leading to shock and the possibility of hospitalization. Only in extreme cases would you die from a sculpin sting.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC