Can rubber be deadly if ingested by animals?



  1. 0 Votes

    The biggest danger to most animals in eating rubber products is that they come in unusual shapes, which can block their esophagus or become tangled in their intestines (especially rubber bands), putting them in danger of starvation/malnutrition. So yes, rubber can be deadly; not usually because of toxicity but just because it builds up in the system, blocking good food from getting through. Pet owners should also remember that rubber plants are toxic to cats and dogs.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!