can I wash disposable plastic utensils in the dishwasher and use them again?

Most disposable plastic utensils are dishwasher safe, so the answer would be yes. However there are some plastic utensils that melt in the dishwasher. Obviously, this will not do, so make sure that the plastic utensils are able to resist the dishwahser heat.

I think it should be fine as long as you don’t set the water temperature too high. Some plastic utensils have a #7 inside the recycling symbol, which indicates that they contain BPA, a known carcinogen. There is some concern over chemicals leaching from plastic, and I believe really hot water can make this happen. It might be safer to only reuse them several times at most before disposing of them as they are intended to be one-time-use only.

An alternative to plastic utensils is bamboo utensils, which biodegrade fairly quickly after they are thrown away.