can i use my licence from puerto rico in wisconsin?

i was wondering if i can use my licence in the states



  1. 0 Votes

    My guess is that you will have to get the license changed to a Wisconsin license if you plan to move.  Although Puerto Rico is an “unincorporated territory” of the United States I would assume that you might have some trouble using a Puerto Rican license as a valid form of ID.  I do know that most restaurants and bars in the US only accept the following forms of ID: state ID, ID from any of the Canadian provinces, Native American ID cards, valid passports from any country and military ID.  

    If you are just going to be using your ID to drive I would recommend contacting the Department of Transportation in the city you are in.

    Good luck!

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!