Can I still get an EV1 if I wanted to buy one?

If you were able to find someone selling one, then perhaps. But that could prove rather difficult.  GM no longer produces the EV1 and on top of that, people who leased the EV1 had to return their cars so they could be taken off the road and destroyed.  

Unfortunately, the only EV1 left is in a museum and it has been disabled, so it cannot be driven. I feel for you. I would love to have an EV1, too. The EV1 was leased rather than sold along with several other electric cars during that era. I know someone who had an EV Plus made by Honda, and he was very disappointed when they took it away from him. I interviewed him for an article on this site if you would like to read it.

If you want to know what happened to the EV1 in particular, you can watch a documentary called “Who Killed the Electric Car.” I highly recommend it. It is a very well-constructed and gripping movie, but it is also heartbreaking.