Can I pay someone to have a species named after me?

On, scientists can recieve payment for naming a species after someone. The going rate for having your name in a species name appears to be about 600 dollars. Considering the species that are discovered most regularly, it would probably be an insect or microorganism that receives the name.

As this site illustrates, the scientist who discovers an organism has the privilege of naming it whatever they want, within the accepted binomial nomenclature system. Plenty of animals have been named after people, including the trilobite Sid viciousi and the beetles Agathidium bushi, A. rumsfeldi and A. cheneyi. Your best bet might be to simply meet a scientist who routinely discovers species and very nicely ask for a favor.