Yes you can. You will need 3 lemons, water, boiling pot, a large slotted spoon, and a spray bottle. Here is an easy recipe for homemade hairspray:
1) Chop three lemon (or orange for a more moisturizing hairspray) into pieces and place in a pot with 2 cups of water.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
3) Keep it at a simmer for an hour, and keep adding water to replace the evaporating water.
4) Let it cool, then remove the pieces of lemon (using a large slotted spoon). Squeeze the juice from the lemons and then add the juice to the boiled liquid.
5) Strain the mixture and then add to a spray bottle and refrigerate.
You can use this hairspray for about a week.
Essentially the same, but it takes less ingredients. This one should be made daily according to the website, but by adding 1 ounce of Bay Rum, it will keep for longer. From one of the best natural beauty websites I have seen, allnaturalbeauty.com
2 C Water
Quantity: Makes about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of Lemon Hair Spray.
To Make: Chop up the Lemon in a wooden bowl so that you don’t lose any of the juice. Add the chopped Lemon to the water in the top of a double boiler. Simmer the mixture until the liquid has been reduced by half. Strain through cheesecloth or fine silk cloth and pour the liquid into a bottle that will fit a pump-type sprayer. A washed and rinsed Windex bottle will do for your spray container. Add 1/2 cup of water to thin the mixture if necessary.
To Use: Spray your hair with this mixture whenever necessary. Since it is gentle, with not alcohol or chemical additions, it can be used on children’s hair too. Should be made fresh every few days and kept in the fridge between uses.
Tip No. 1: One cup of the Lemon Hair Spray can be preserved with 1 oz. or more of Bay Rum.
Tip No. 2: Substitute an Orange for the Lemon for dry hair.
That’s great that you want to make your own hairspray! The cool thing about it is that you get to adjust the ingredients to your liking in terms of smell, shine, texture and much more. I’d like to add my own recipe I found at the Perfect Skin Care Blog. First, find a old spray bottle around the house and clean it out carefully! Now for ingredients – use:
Now here are the instructions:
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC