Can I install my own Solar PV system or is it too complicated?

It depends how much prior home wiring experience you have. There are serious safety issues that you must fully understand — even folks with considerable AC system wiring experience should be very careful to learn and understand the hazards of working with strings of PV panels that will produce several hundred volts whenever the sun is on them. In addition to the safety issues, there are permits and utility companies to deal with. The first step is probably to get your site assessed for viability (many companies will do this for free). Also, check out this online tutorial: (the part about photovoltaics starts in Lesson 5). And see the URL cited below for an example of a company that offers free on-site assessment.