Can I get pickles to grow in my garden?

Since pickles are cucumbers soaked in vinegar, I’d recommend trying to grow cucumbers.  If your garden is sunny and you can give them enough space, you should plant them around late spring or early summer.  You don’t need to worry too much about soil-type.

Many items can be grown in your garden, and then pickled. Cucumbers for pickling however are a different type usually referred to as pickling cucumbers. They differ from the English Cucumber by being dryer, smaller and denser causing them to have a much more successful shelf life. Other items you can pickle from your garden could be asparagus, green beans, cauliflower, jalepenos, watermelon, beets, brussel sprouts, okra….etc…The options are endless.

Pickles are just cucumbers soaked in brine.  So, your question is really “can I get cucumbers to grow in my garden?”  And the answer is yes!  Cucumbers grow from seeds, so you can plant them to grow a garden.  From there, you can pickle them.