Can I get money for recycling my hybrid battery when it gets old?

I know that Toyota has introduced a recycling program for lithium batteries, but I’m not sure how much they will pay. However Honda, Toyota and Ford have confidently said that these batteries should last the vehicles lifetime (at least 8-10 years and 80,000-100,000 miles) so maybe you won’t even need to replace it.

Yes you can receive some money for your hybrid battery, but it will not be recycled in the United States.  EPA and OSHA rules forbid us to have facilities that can recycle hybrid batteries due to environmental concerns.  Certain car manufacturers will pay up to several hundred dollars for your old hybrid battery.  The battery then gets shipped to a third world country where they will be able to recycle about 97% of the battery.