Can I get goverment help to switch to a greener source of heating?



  1. 0 Votes

    Yes you can! If you want to lower your utility bill and offset your homes energy go with solar energy. They have solar energy to offset your home electricity needs and they have solar collectors to heat up your water the green way while also lowering your utility bill. The federal government offers a tax credit of 30% back with no cap. This is a credit towards your income taxes and can be used for 3 consecutive years. Also click the first link below to see if you state offers any incentives for heating up your home with solar or any other renewable alternative.

    If you insulate your home, DOE is offering a tax credit for efficient upgrades to your home, including insulation, with a 30% tax credit up to $1500.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!