Can I dry my clothes indoors?

Hanging your clothes up to dry rather than using a dryer is a great way to help the environment.  When most people think of hanging clothes up to dry, they probably conjure up an image of clothes drying in a vast, green back yard with the sun shining and the wind blowing.  Up until 1935, when drying machines were invented, people had to either dry their clothes in that manner or dry them inside.  So, yes, you can most definitely dry your clothes inside!  The best way to do so is to invest in a few inexpensive wooden clothing racks.  This will allow the air to circulate and dry your clothes, even indoors.  Doing this will not only help the environment… it will also help your electricity bill!  You can save up to $25 a month by drying clothes indoors!

Yes!  If it is a sunny day out throwing your clothes on a drying rack in front of a window usually gets the job done.  In these upcoming winter months I usually put my clothes in the bathroom and close the door.  It doesn’t use any more engery because I have the heat on anyways.  Closing the door just keeps all the heat in the bathroom and dries my clothes a little more quickly.  

When I was in college I used to hang my clothes up to dry in front of my window to save money! It was also a lot more convenient not having to go walk far away to get my clothes from the campus dryers. I went to college in Los Angeles, so the winter months never really changed my method of drying clothes. Depending on where you live, you can just hang the clothes up to dry in an area with a lot of air circulation during the winter months.