Can I bury a lemon and grow a lemon tree?

Not quite but you can get a lemon tree from a lemon. You have to remove the seeds and allow them to germinate, keeping them very moist, before planting them in the ground. Once the seeds start to sprout, then yo can plant them. The seed needs to be surrounded my soil, not by lemon flesh, in order to grow.

Theoretically you could, but the citrus juices might not allow for the seeds to begin the growth process. It is best if the lemon seeds are first removed from the fruit, then planted in mineral-rich soil. It should be watered like all plants, and you could perhaps let the lemon itself decompose on top of the soil to add nutrients to the soil. However, simply burying a lemon in the ground will not necessarily net you a new lemon tree.