Can a GreenHouse have a green roof or does that take away from its effectiveness?

While I can’t find anything to back up my thoughts online, I do believe it would take away from the effectiveness. A green roof typically acts to absorb heat and take away from the heat island effect. In a greenhouse, it is heated by solar radiation penetrating the glass or plastic, which would not occur if the roof were to be covered by a green roof.

There really would be no effective way to create a greenhouse with a green roof. You might be able to grow plants at higher levels within the greenhouse, i.e. on hangers or on shelves suspended from the structure of the greenhouse, but putting a greenroof on a glass or plastic greenhouse would totally reduce it effectiveness.