Can a dragonfly survive after the damage of one wing?

My dog injured a dragonfly, its alive but one of its wings look kinda damaged, is there any way to help it survive?

1. jet

It depends how extensive the damage is. For more information on dragonfly lifespan, look to the previous GreenAnswers poste here.

Unfortunately, depending on the amount of damage to the wings, I don’t think there’s much hope for your dragonfly.  First of all, there is no way to repair the wings.  Even if it was able to fly after suffering wing damage, it’s chances of survival in the wild are slim to none.  A lot of problems are caused when a dragonfly suffers wing damage.  It can result in a loss of wing area, the loss of sensory information, and can affect the shape of the wing itself.  All of these things impact the dragonfly’s ability to fly, and most importantly, to hunt for food and escape predators.  Please see the links below for more information about dragonflies.  I’ve attached an additional link here.