Can cheese last forever if we just cut off the mold?



  1. 0 Votes

    Probably not forever. For one thing, if you kept cutting off the outer mold, in the end you wouldn’t have anything left to eat. Cheese is technically mold itself. If you left a block of cheese long enough, it would eventually start actually decomposing, and I doubt you’d want to eat it after that.

    All that being said, hard cheese like parmesan tends to last quite a long time without molding in the refrigerator.

  2. 0 Votes

    I’d say once the mold starts to form, you should probably get rid of it.  You can get sick from eating food that’s gone bad.  Mold growing is a good indication that this process of decay has started.  Cheese has a decent life span, so just eat it within that time frame to be safe.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!