Can blogs be used as reliable environmental information?

The answer is absolutely. The thing you have to consider is the source of the information. The blog should be published by someone who has some notariety in the field and has the qualifications to teach others what they believe about the environment. Readers must always be skeptical of what they read and make sure that the information is reliable. Reliable blogs do exist, but one must sift through the less-reliable sometimes in order to find them.

I completely agree.  It is up to the user, but there are plenty that other reliable information.  With anything, I think people should take to the time to verify what they read, learn more, and learn the counter arguments, regardless of from where they are reading.  It takes work to find reliable information online, but it does exist.  I have listed one such informative and accurate site below.