Is black mold very dangerous for humans?



  1. 0 Votes

    Black mold, also known as Strachybotrys chartarum or Strachybotrys atra, has not been proven to be more or less dangerous than other types of mold. All types of mold can cause health problems, especially to those with allergies, lung disease, or immune system disorders. For healthy people, the most common symptoms are “nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation.” Less common but more severe reactions include shortness of breath and fever. Some studies have researched whether black mold can cause acute idiopathic pulmonary hemorrhage among infants, but without conclusive results. According to the CDC, the correlation between black mold and any specific health problems has not been proven. If black mold is found in your home, they do recommend removing it as soon as possible, but extra precautions are not needed.

  2. 0 Votes

    Black mold is one of many toxic molds that can be dangerous to your health.  Health complications that can result from exposure to toxic mold includes respiratory infections, asthma like symptoms, headaches, dizziness, nausea, liver probems, stillbirths, and even cancer. 

    If you suspect mold in your home you can have a simple air test conducted that can determine if mold is present.  Remember, just because you don’t see mold doesn’t mean its not there making you sick.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!