Best children’s story about animals?

My favorite children’s books involved dogs! Series involving Clifford and Spot are on my top 5 list.

I also think Make Way for Ducklings, by Robert McCloskey, is a great animal-related children’s book that really shows the dangers people pose to wildlife by pursuing their everyday activities. The book sends a message that we can be more aware of and compassionate towards the creatures around us.

In elementary school, I read a lot of Arnold Lobel’s Frog and Toad stories.

Image taken from this page.

I also really enjoyed books about Franklin the Turtle, written by Paulette Bourgeois and illustrated by Brenda Clark. I believe each book taught a different lesson, which makes it very appropriate for young children.

My last recommendation isn’t exactly a book that features real animals, but I think it’s relevant to the theme of this site. It’s called The Lorax by Dr. Seuss and delivers an environmental message.

Image taken from this page.

I’ve always enjoyed the book:

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I have fond memories of reading this as a child.

If you’re looking for more environmentally friendly books, you might try reading the following:

Alejandro’s Gift

Arctic Lights Arctic Nights

Around the Pond

An Environmental Guide from A to Z

For a complete list, please refer to the following link: