The basil plant in my indoor herb garden has small white bugs on it and the leaves are sticky. Can I still eat the basil if I wash the bugs off? What is a natural remedy to get them off my plant?

Small white bugs killed one of my plants last month! What you have might be woolly aphids. It seems like you might be safe just washing them off and eating your basil. The second link goes to a page that talks about some plants you could plant that would help. Another page that could help is this one that lists natural pesticides you could buy:

Make a solution of soap and water – more water than dish soap. This is one of the best solutions for getting pests off of your indoor gardens. And you can still eat them as long as you wash your plants – bugs are better than pesticides.