On average, what percentage of green power utility bills actually goes towards green power projects?

The answer to this question depends on who is your energy provider an what type of plan you are paying for. For example, in Arizona, APS allows you to have a percentage of your electricity come from green sources for an additional fee. I had signed up to have 35% of my electricity come from green sources, and during the summer, my fee was roughly $5-$15.  100% of that nominal fee went to green energy, so I knew that I was getting 35%. 

So you will need to research the power companies in your area and see what kind of green energy plans they offer. I have provided links to help you find a green power company. If they are truly legit, they should be very clear on exactly how much of your money is actually going to green power projects. Good Luck!