Are you planning to “go solar”? Why or why not?

I am definitely planning to “go solar”… eventually. Unfortunately I live in an apartment building right now and the landlord doesn’t share my enthusiasm for installing solar panels. I’ve written letters but to no avail. I personally think the key to getting more groups and individuals to “go solar” will be to increase the cost of non-renewable energy so that solar becomes a more economical appealing option.

I would love to go solar if money and resources allowed it. The only solar parts of my life right now are my calculators and the lights on my steps up to the house. I am going to have to wait to own my own place before I can think about installing or using solar power on a large scale. But I would love to have enough solar energy one day in order to sell back some energy to the local power company.