Are you allowed to own dogs that are part wolf?

It depends on where you live.  Heavy restrictions essentially ban wolfdogs in 40 states, and most European nations have banned the breed or placed restrictions on their ownership.  Some consider them wild animals and unsuitable as pets.

Evidently so.  I found a site that is selling dogs that are part wolf in several states.  Technically, our ancestors tamed wolves to make pets by choosing the ones that were the most friendly and selectively breeding them (at least that is what my genetics teacher taught me). I would imagine there are some different temperments, but if you want a dog that is part wolf you seem to be able to get wolf-husky and wolf-malamute pups.  Take a look at the site, at the very least the pups are adorable