Are the wealthy populations of the world helping at all with the cost of climate change?

Poorer nations have demanded reparations from industrialized, more developed nations – it’s understandable, relating to the idea of “you break it, you buy it”. However, the real actions that pursue this notion are much more complex. It’s unclear whether each country should contribute based on its emission rate or relative wealth. Furthermore, there are other issues at hand regarding the payment of climate debt. The United States, as one of the wealthiest nations and also one with the greatest historical emissions, disagrees with the idea of climate reparations. 

In conclusion, I guess I’d have to say that wealthier nations are making certain efforts to repair the damages they’ve done, but they’re not as extensive as they should be.