Are we using biochar in America?

Biochar is a new industry in the USA, however it is present.  I have linked a site for the US Biochar Initiative, which outlines the main benefits of using Biochar.  It is a new concept to me, but I am all for any new and renewable energy source, natural crop aid, and purifier of earth’s air, all benefits that biochar can provide.

It is being produced here in America.

It is being produced here in America and being used but not by all who would benefit most. It is not yet fully understood and is currently in the crosshairs of many researchers–particularly in Universities. Cornell University has contributed greatly with an on going research project. The advantages of biochar are evident, hopefully farmers across the US will start applying it as a resource.