Are there summer camps for teenagers that will teach them about the environment?

Yes, there are environmental summer camps geared towards teenagers. Check out the link below for a list and accompanying descriptions through My Summer Camps.

There are many environmentally based summer camps in Wisconsin. I attended the YMCA Glacier Hollow camp and Woodland for Girls. Both of these were excellent and accept visitors from around the country and world. Summer camp as a fantastic experience for me a child and I highly recommend it!

In Washington State, Mountains to Sound Greenway holds yearly summer camps about the environment.  Campers work on conservation projects, and clean up polluted areas all while learning valuable information about the environment. Greenway stresses having fun outdoors and being knowledgeable about the challenges Earth faces today.