Are there great whites as large as Jaws?

Some reach lengths of more than 6 metres (20 ft) and weighing up to 2,240 kilograms. For several decades, many ichthyological works, as well as the Guinness Book of World Records, listed two great white sharks as the largest individuals caught: an 11 m (36 ft) great white captured in Southern Australian waters near Port Fairy in the 1870s, and an 11.3 m (37 ft) shark trapped in a herring weir in New Brunswick, Canada in the 1930s. Though these are wondered about because they are much larer than any numbers usually seen, in 97 there was a 23 footer caught. Though I am not positive how big they said Jaws was(though I think I remember around 25 feet), I have to believe he could have been much larger than the real thing.

IN the movie Jaws, the great white was described to be approximately 25 feet. In real life however, the average size of a great white is about 16 feet. Since female sharks are usually bigger than the males, experts say that some can grow up to about 20 feet. But that would be the maximum length, anything bigger than that would perhaps be doubtful.