Are there any washers or dryers that use solar energy?

I don’t know of any washers that use solar energy specifically, but you can always get some solar panels to run your appliances. As for drying your clothes, you can simply put them out in the sun. Clothes lines are the most eco-friendly way to dry.

If you don’t want to put them out for the whole world to see, you can always get creative. Garages are often warmed by the sun during hot summer months, so they make a great place to dry clothing. You can also simply hang them in a well-aerated place in your home. When I lived in an apartment, I used the ladder on my loft bed for drying most of my clothes instead of paying to dry them in the apartment’s coin-operated machine. It worked very well. Clothes dry faster when they are warmed by the sun and get fresh wind, but they will still get dry in a day or two if you hang them indoors if you live in a dry climate. However, in very humid areas you may run into problems with mildew. I recommend trying out a few things and seeing what works best for you 🙂