Are there any states that can support their own agricultural needs?

I mean, I’m sure a lot of states could support their own agricultural needs. The way the system is set up prevents states from doing so. How do you think states subsisted in the past? They farmed locally. Unfortunately, we’ve turned agriculture into an industry, and 40 to 50% of harvested food in the U.S., according to a study at University of Arizona, is wasted. Here is an incredibly indepth answer that discusses precisely how much corn the U.S. produces and how many people it feeds: a whopping 1.5 billion!

Anyway, here, 40% of the food produced isn’t eaten. Culinate, an informative food and recipe website, claims that half a pound of food per citizen is wasted in the United States each day. What grim statistics.