Are there any residences on the Galapagos islands?



  1. 0 Votes

    The Galapagos Islands are home to around 40,000 people.  But, none are native islanders.  Galapagos Island is one of the few places with no indigenous people.  Much of the population is comprised of people who moved from Ecuador after the islands discovery.  Spanish is the official language of the Islands and Roman Catholic is the most popular religion.

  2. 0 Votes

    There sure are. A relative of mine lived there for several months with a host family who ran an ice cream shop. While 97% of the Galapagos Archipelago is designated as the Galapagos National Park, the remaining 3% is comprised of urban areas with permanent residents (between 30,000 and 40,000, as jenn mentions), as well as agricultural regions.

  3. 0 Votes

    They’re are about 70,000 people in the Galapagos, but only 3% are native people.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!