Are there any good books on how to live life more sustainably?

Check out “Making The Good Life Last: Four Keys to Sustainable Living” by Michael A Schuler for some important tips. Consider also a possible subscription to  Natural Life Magazine, which often has interesting ideas.

A great book on healthy and sustainable ways of eating, is In Defence of Food, by Michael Pollan. His simple concepts about our food culture in America, not only got me to change the way I eat (and love it!) but also other things in my life indirectly. Sustainability is a mindset, not just a list of do’s and don’t’s; Once you get in the habit on thinking about your everyday actions as you do them, it becomes a part of who you are, not just a temporary “hip” thing to do.

I really like The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook by David De Rothschild.  It has “77 essential skills to stop climate change, or live through it” with reasons why you should change, relative effort to make the change, and relative impact it will have.  Also, The Little Earth Book: Truths and Lies About Going Green by James Bruges.  Both are very easy to read.

The book Cradle to Cradle by William McDonough and Michael Braungart is a great book that discusses the potential for recycling and reusing products in innovative ways. The title, cradle to cradle refers to the idea of giving products endless life rather than cradle to the grave endless consumption. 

A more detailed review can be found on the link below.