are there any companies that sell cool looking wood necklaces?

Yes! Searching on brings up a number of different options, each handmade (and much of it customizable on request) from independent crafters. The website also has quite a few, and you should be able to find something you like on

There are lots. Check out Novica, who is in association with National Geographic. Etsy has a lot of cute options too, and you can support local independant artists.

Yes! Check out Etsy. You can find many items sold by personal sellers on that site. Many are unique and beautifully designed. I found some wood necklaces that range from below $20 to over $100. I’m really in love with the wooden dragonfly pendant by Eerin Vink – she actually cut the wood herself and burned parts to create shadows. Check it out, I included the link to the item on the bottom.