Are there any cities that have banned grass lawns because of their water shortage?

The city of Palmdale, CA banned grass lawns in 2008. The city of St. Augustine, FL, attempted to pass a similar law, but it didn’t go through.

Not that I know of. I do know that cities will often put restriction on lawn watering. I typed into Google “cities restrict lawn watering” and saw on the first page of results that Los Angeles, Austin, and West Palm Beach all have restricted water. I know from personal experience that Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA have restricted lawn watering due to drought conditions. I also know from personal experience that many home owners in desert states don’t even bother with grass lawns. They do desertscape landscaping.

I saw on google that banning grass lawns has been discussed, but maybe someone else will be able to definitively answer your question.