Are there any cargo ships that are carbon free?



  1. 0 Votes

    Not just yet, but they are in the works.  UK company B9 Energy is working on technology that aims to produce carbon-neutral cargo ships by 2012.  The ships are only set to weigh 3,000 tons, considerably smaller than your typical cargo ship, but they aren’t using any of the dirty fuel that normally powers them.  60% of the ships’ energy will come from sails and the remaining 40% will come from liquid methane made from biogas.  At the moment, each ship costs about $24.4 million.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!