Are there any Asian countries that have the same problem with consumerism that America has?

The sources that I have linked below seem to believe that the consumerist culture in Japan and China are becoming problematic, or at least on the path to it. Japan in particular, considered the most “Westernized” of non-Western countries,” has been quick to embrace consumerism. As China’s economy keeps growing, its people are also buying into “Western” culture and eagerly participating in consumerism. And because of China’s one-child policy, a phenomenon has developed where parents are spoiling their only child because they are only permitted to have one, which I would guess also feeds into their growing consumerist culture.