Are super markets limiting the amount of produce that somone can buy so it doesn’t get wasted?

Interesting question but I haven’t found anything to lead me to believe that. If you have heard anything, then I’d be curious to hear! It’s tough to tell a consumer how much they are allowed to buy and I’m sure consumers will be offended and just go shopping somewhere else. If this is an altruistic attempt for supermarkets to reduce waste, there are too many holes in it and a fundamental disagreement that they may reach with customers. They are probably much more concerned with profits and if people want to buy more produce and have the money, then good for them. At least they’re not buying more soda and candy bars.