The FDA regulates all microwave production. In order to pass FDA standards, over its entire lifetime, a microwave cannot emit more than 5 milliwatts of radiation per square centimeter about 2 inches from the microwave. That amount is far less than the minimum amount of radiation required to be harmful to humans.
All microwaves, if used properly, are very safe as a result of this regulation.
As far as eating food from a microwave goes, we have nothing to worry about. Microwave radiation is a different type of radiation than the traditionally imagined harmful type, associated with radioactive elements. Those elements actually emit particles, called Alpha Particles, which can linger and cause significant harm. Microwave radiation is a type of Electromagnetic radiation, a type which we more commonly know as light. All a microwave does is excite the water molecules in the food you put inside it, giving them heat. As soon as the microwave turns off, the radiation stops, much like turning off a flashlight.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC