Are salamanders poisonous?

3

Answers


  1. 0 Votes

    Some have skin secretions that are poisonous (if you eat them).

  2. 0 Votes

    One thing to keep in mind when handling these amphibians is that they are all poisonous, each having different levels of toxicity depending on what species of salamander they are. But they are not toxic to the touch like some might have you believe; their skin carries a poisonous liquid as a defense mechanism for predators trying to eat them and can only bring harm when this liquid comes in contact with the mouth. Therefore animals and humans alike will be safe if they simply wash their hands before and after the handling of these colorful creatures.

    Newts are much alike having the same toxic skin which only if ingested would cause serious harm to humans. Some of the newts in the Western half of the United States are the most toxic of all; known for killing people who have not handled these creatures safely.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt (I know its a Wikipedia page but the info was accurate!)

  3. 0 Votes

    THE SALAMANDER CAN SPIT POISEN AS WELL AS BREATHING FIRE

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!