Are most greener the shared or single houses?

I’m looking for a rent house for my next residence abroad. I want to know the most green choice within a shared or single houses.
Many thanks.

The detailed answer to this question of course depends on the type of house in question – what it will be used for (besides sleeping and living quarters), where it is located, what it will be built from, etc.

However, in general, shared houses require fewer building materials than several one-person houses, and could thus be considered ‘greener’ in a conservation sense.

To build upon SowEarly’s answer, I think the electricity usage in a shared house would be less than in a single house since the electricity is shared as well. If everybody is sitting in the same living room, then that’s just one living room being lit up rather than several.