No, millipedes are not poisonous. However, many species/breeds of millipede have glands that produce toxic fluid – the toxicity of the fluid secreted by these millipedes is not harmful to humans except those especially allergic to insects. They are also capable of ‘shooting’ these fluids several inches, so always be careful when you’re around millipedes and make sure to thoroughly wash your hands if you handle them.
Joelmichael is correct about millipedes having a toxic fluid. However, as a semantic issue, this does mean millipedes are “poisonous.” An animal that is poisonous is dangerous if you handle or eat it; an animal that is “venomous” injects the poison directly, often through a bite
Click here to cancel reply.
Signup for an account and start participating in our site today!
You can also login with your Facebook or Twitter account
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC