Are giant squid good for food?

When I searched online, I found that people can’t eat the giant squid due to the fact that their tissues are high in ammonia. The ammonia helps with keeping the squid buoyant. 

Giant squid are very, very rarely seen.  The most common encounter humans have with giant squid is when they wash up on shore after being dead for some time.  Also, because they are a deep water species, it is very difficult to capture one without it dying on the way to the surface due to the difference in water pressure. I’m sure that if we were able to successfully catch live giant squid and were able to preserve them for the ride back in to shore I’m sure they would taste much like the calamari you can find at most restaurants.