Are farmers markets cheaper than regular super markets?

That depends on which farmers markets and supermarkets you’re comparing and what area you live in. Here’s an article that describes some comparisons made on the west coast.

When I lived in the midwest (Minnesota and Wisconsin) I found farmer’s markets to be much cheaper than grocery stores.  Now that I live in California, it depends quite a bit on the type of produce you are buying.  I think in California they have begun labeling their items “organic” which many of them are, but they then increase the price greatly with this label.  Additionally, the produce I get from places like Henrys and Trader Joe’s are actually as local, and as fresh as many of the farmer’s market items, so in general, I shop at local stores rather than farmers markets.

It depends on where you are located and which market you are referring to particularly. Sometimes I find products at so-called discount stores that are more expensive than the regular grocery store. There are pros and cons that come with shopping at a market versus a supermarket and vice versa.