Are electric rays dangerous?



  1. 0 Votes

    Electric rays live worldwide in warm waters.  Though some live thousands of feet deep, most live in shallow waters burying themselves in the sand.  Depending on the species, electric rays eat fish, invertebrate, and even small sharks.  Generally electric rays are not dangerous, but if stepped on or touched they can shock up to 220 volts.  To avoid being shocked, pay attention to warnings on the beach.  If rays are in the water, shuffling your feet will help prevent from stepping on them.   

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!