The jury is out. Basically, CFLs contain small amounts of the neurotoxin, mercury. They do consume far less electricity than a normal incandescent, but if they are not disposed of properly, we will be facing a huge problem with mercury in our natural environment. REcycling the bulbs is still a gamble–as they are light bulbs after all–and could break during processing. THe best we can do is use them, and try to ensure they are recycled properly. Hopefully, LED technology will provide us with a better option soon.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC