Yes! They are incredibly poisonous, so much so that you most likely would not survive an attack. Each jellyfish has up to about 5,000 stinging cells on it.
Box jellyfish are extremely poisonous. Their stings are “cardiotoxic (effect on the heart), neurotoxic (damage to the nerves) and dermatonecrotic (effect on the skin);” The severity of a sting depends on a number of factors like size of the box jellyfish, amount of tentacles involved, duration of contact, and size of victim.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC