Are the barbs on a sting ray poisonous?



  1. 0 Votes

    The barbs on a stingray are actually venomous. The skin surrounding the barb releases a protein-based toxin into victims, creating pain and messing with heart rate and respiration functions. If you are impaled by a stingray barb, lots of warm water should be applied to the wound to break down those toxins. Death stemming from a stingray barb is usually from wound infection rather than anything else.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!