Is anything being done to restrict or reduce the amount of paper used for receipts?

3

Answers

To my knowledge, no laws are being enacted forcing companies to be more efficient. However, at least some companies are choosing to do so.

I am not sure if there are any laws that reduce the amount of paper used for receipts, but I think it would be a great idea. There are new studies that show receipts are made partly out of BPA. The study cited below shows that anywhere from .8-3 percent of each receipt is made entirely from BPA. Money is now starting to test positive for BPA because of the number of people who put receipts in their wallets.

I dont think there is anything being done. But usually you have an option to print a recipt (like at the bank or gas station) just say no! :p